Monday, April 19, 2010

movies movies movies

Last week I officially finished the 100 movies to see before you die per Yahoo! Movies. It took me just about 6 months to get through the list. I've been asked what my favorites were, so... here are movies I loved and hated and plain 'ole didn't understand.

Loved:
Apocalypse Now
Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Casablanca
Double Indemnity
E.T.
The Godfather
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
King Kong (1933)
M (1931)
Network
Raise the Red Lantern
Rocky
Singin in the Rain
Sunset Blvd
Vertigo
When Harry Met Sally
The World of Apu

Did NOT love (or understand):

2001: A Space Odyssey
All About Eve
The Battle of Algiers
Blue Velvet
The Bridge over River Kwai
Citizen Kane
Raging Bull
Rashomon


Next on list of things to do is AFI's list of Top 100. Luckily I'll only have a few as there is much crossover.

For movie lovers everywhere... I suggest you watch any top 100 lists. Even the movies I thought I'd pull my hair out watching... (and I made myself sit through ALL of them!)... I learned a lot and also found out I liked lots of movies I never thought I would. It's always does a body good to open one's mind. :)

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you need to see Blue Velvet and Raging Bull with me.

    ReplyDelete