Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cleanse Summary

Yesterday was the end of the hard core cleanse and marked the fifth day of this "adventure."

Last night was the first time I really was wanting something OTHER than what we were eating. Nothing sounded good but everything I couldn't have. I think I had set it in my mind that yesterday was the end, but I'd done such a great job of being prepared both logistically with the food and psychologically. However, when I woke up this morning and realized that I was going to be eating the same as the last 5 days with the exception of adding tomatoes, I was bummed. I bought things to eat during the week during my reintroduction phase. I'm focusing between tomorrow and Friday to add the following: butter, potatoes, citrus, eggs, cheese and wheat/gluten. Then the week after will add soy, corn, cottage cheese/yogurt, and maybe some meats. Sugar will be the very last thing I'll add. It's very hard to find any packaged food without sugar, potato starch, wheat or tomatoes. So if I can get 3 of those out of the way, then I'll be able to have a wider variety of foods. Thank god. ;)

I'm not sure why I'm tired today, but I am. Special K and I even bailed out of yoga today in favor of shopping, my getting my haircut, and watching Terminator at home.

Our day at the springs was wonderful yesterday and well deserved. But it's been my ritual to have Mexican food at this spot in Gresham on my way back that I love and I missed it last night and then I was just pouting about it all evening. But... I had a salad and sunflower seeds for dinner and I didn't deter. I committed to the 5 day cleanse and I finished it. And I'm proud of both myself and Special K for getting through this. It would have been so much more difficult without him here doing this with me... I'm eternally grateful for him.

Now I need to find a way to recommit myself to the process of reintroducing foods over the course of the next few weeks. Special K and I are watching the Final Four right now and he's just made some brown rice pasta with pasta sauce and I'm going to spoon up and see how it is. Oh dear lord, what I wouldn't give for some pizza.

more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment