Wednesday, July 22, 2009

12 Week Challenge: Week One

June 23, 2009 - Tuesday


Well, Today is day 2 of week 2 of the Body for Life 12 week challenge. I lost 2.5 lbs in the first 5 days. The weekend was definitely more of a challenge than my more structured work week and my scale showed that I'm back to where I started as of today (but I think/hope PMS has something to do with it).

I ate great last week and didn't deviate from program until Friday night for dinner and drinks. I did also use my free day on Saturday but only ate 2 meals (granted, they were large meals). I didn't participate in any of the working out last week but have started doing that THIS week. Yesterday I actually got up an hour earlier than normal and went to the gym to do my 20 minutes of cardio. It was tough to drag myself out of bed. Today as well although I worked out from home. I haven't been sleeping well and I have given up caffeine so I dread having to get up earlier than I have to. But... I'm committed and I want this. I felt absolutely phenomenal last week eating more meals but smaller portions and a balance of protein and carbs with as many veggies as I want. Eating out is always a challenge, but... I'll deal with each situation as it comes to me. Vacations as well. Plan, prepare and not beat myself up.

So while i realize i'm totally fragmented right now... the bottom line is: so far so ok! This 12 week challenge has my buy in and that's huge. I really hope that I can maintian my level of commitment and motivation for the long haul. As with most "diets" there will likely come a time where I get rebellious and won't understand why I can't eat like a normal person. Well, normal for me. B/c if i'm honest, I'm eating like a normal person NOW... how I normally eat isn't really all that normal at all.

Can't wait to see some results too!! *crosses fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment