Wednesday, July 22, 2009

12 Week Challenge: Day One

June 15, 2009 - Monday


Hi all! Well, today marks day one of my 12 weeks of doing "body for life." I'd been recommended South Beach but I have to be honest. The only reason I chose this diet is b/c it's remarkably easy and I get a free day. And I know myself. That free day is important. I'm not going to share my starting weight or my before pictures until later as, if I don't have the success I hope to have, then I'll be mortified at sharing with the world how much I weigh.

But I couldn't sleep last night for how excited I am for this. I'm starting week one with just 2 planned days of exercise (vs the 6 the diet recommends) but next week I'll incorporate more.

Despite how crappy and sick I've been in the last few weeks with sore throats and, last week, with food poisoning that had me feeling weird for several days, I do have to admit that it's been a nice jump start as 1. I've already lost 10 lbs (so what if it's not fat?! LOL) and 2. I'm not all that hungry which is a huge advantage in the game of losing weight. I'm already 20 minutes in to managing to choke down some steel cut oats and turkey bacon as I just wasn't hungry yet. But this diet includes 6 meals a day. I don't know if I can commit to that, but it's nice to know I can if I need to.

Anyway, I don't have much to say other than my goal right now is to lose 20-25 lbs in the next 12 weeks. June 15th - September 5th is the diet plan. I could potentially lose more than that, but that's the initial goal (let's not think about the fact that my long term goal would be 100 lbs. LOL). One day... one pound... at a time. I just want to get back to where I felt good and moderately healthy and sexy and attractive. And believe it or not, that number isn't that far away so... I'm looking forward to getting there again.

I'm sure there will be challenges. Lattes. Booze. Cheese. Things I want. That's what the free days are for I guess. I am going through this with a friend (I think) so that added support system will help. But for now i'm excited and I want to succeed.

Until next week!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment