Friday, March 15, 2013

Recipes from a laid back kinda Friday

I made some delicious things today.

I started with some Sundried Tomato Dressing
I'm not sure where I found this. Probably a magazine at some point.

1/2 cup dried sundried tomatoes
1 clove garlic
1 bunch basil
1 Tbl lemon juice
1/2 c olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

In a blender (or food processor), combine first 4 ingredients. With blender running, slowly add the olive oil. Season to taste. Add more lemon juice if needed. Store in a glass jar, up to 1 week in the fridge.

Then I made a batch of Chicken Salad to last me the weekend/week ahead.  I got this recipe from a woman, whose name fails me now, who was writing a cookbook where you can feed the scraps to your dog(s). It was a cool idea. We lost touch, but I still make and adore this recipe.

3-4 med-large chicken breasts - Poached and shredded, or diced and pan fried
1/2 c mayo (more as needed)
1 c seedless graps
1 small apple 1/2" diced
1 T poppy or sesame seeds
1/2 c sunflower seeds or walnuts (I prefer raw unsalted sunflower seeds)
2-3 T fresh cilantro or parsley
salt and pepper to taste.

Mix all together and chill 30 minutes.

For dinner I made this recipe which was utterly amazing:
Savory Chicken Thighs

And tonight I'll finish up the final steps of my new favorite dessert of all time:
Raw Chocolate Hearts


Hope you find any of this useful and delicious for your bellies as well.

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment