Tuesday, April 9, 2013

rough day

My energy has taken a might dip in the last few days. So much so that my eyes are bleary and watery and I'm not motivated to do much other than get through my work day and curl up with a book afterwords. Both today AND yesterday, I bailed on my workout because I could not .... could NOT... get myself to the gym. I did 5 minutes yesterday and gave up... I was so exhausted, I couldn't even hold good form... so I quit.

All I wanted today was sushi. I CRAVE it so. I almost talked myself into it a few times, too. But I repeated some mantras I had remembered about a desire to compulsively eat and that it's a temporary discomfort with long term benefits versus temporary relief and long term consequences. And so I grit my teeth and made my salmon burger (with garlic aoli and avocado) and my brussel sprouts and thoroughly enjoyed it.

On the whole it was a hard day. I'm unknowingly exhausted, I haven't worked out in days, and I just want to eat and eat.

Tomorrow is a new day, though, and I do hope it will be a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment