Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Dichotomous State of Mind

My energy since starting the Whole30 on May 1st has been better than it's been in a long time. I feel alert, clear minded and focused. Motivated even!

I feel great about the food I'm eating and have had the energy and wherewithal to exercise 5 days last week plus a yin yoga class! I'm sleeping pretty good (despite a sore shoulder and weird dreams) and overall feel pretty dang good.

But I feel a bit of emotional heaviness. I feel confused... like I WANT to be the happiness person alive right now, but I have some nagging feelings that are keeping me down. I'm trying to just recognize this feeling and accept it instead of judging it and be as happy as I can be despite this strange sense of.... sadness... uncertainty... confusion... even some somewhat undefined fear.

It's weird to feel so dichotomous. I pretty much usually feel one way at any given moment, even if that may change quickly at times. But right now I feel like while I'm on top of the world, I still keep looking down. I just have to accept it for what it is right now and keep doing the best I can.

23 more days on the Whole30! I'm sure I'll add Stevia and some limited alcohol back into my diet but I think I'll attempt to stay grain, soy and refined sugar free as much as I can. I feel amazing. Like the cobwebs have been cleared. It's a great thing. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment