Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Catching up

I know I haven't been around here much. I'm sure you've missed me. ;-)

This year has been a wild ride. And here is my confession. I lost 60 pounds and gained back 40. All in a year. I can honestly say I've never gained or lost that much so fast. After my 35 pound HCG loss, something someone said triggered me and I went somewhere in my head and with my diet/eating that I hadn't been in many years. And I just kept going. I stopped working out consistently, I was going out more, making food choices that weren't in line with what my body needs to be at its best, and drinking more. And before I knew it, it was the holidays and I gained weight back.

And I have been quiet, because I've been so ashamed. And there isn't much more to say about that.

BUT... the bright side is this.

1. I'm still at a lower weight at the beginning of 2012 than I was at the beginning of 2011.
2. I just started a 15 day standard reboot program to help cleanse out all the crap I've been eating the last few months. No coffee, no booze, no sugar, no grains, no meat even. JUST fruits and veggies (eating and juicing).
3. I just started a 6 week body transformation contest through my bootcamp. It has great rewards and a monetary consequence if I don't see it through so it keeps me accountable. It also comes with a Paleo Whole30 diet so when my juice cleanse is over, I'll start on the Paleo Whole30 to wrap up the last 29 days of the contest.
4. I'm working with a trained therapist that specializes in addictive thinking and compulsive behavior (aka eating).

So I have many tools in my arsenal to keep me on track and to help get my weight loss back in gear.

There it is... my "secret" that's really not so secret and what I have in place to rectify it. I'm feeling good and motivated and glad to be feeling more "cleaned out" and clear. I'm looking forward to seeing where the next few months take me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment