Friday, July 29, 2011

The end of the beginning

The 6 weeks Dr supervised diet has ended. My calories are increased. I get to eat cheese (in moderation), broccoli, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, berries, peaches, bananas, turkey, salmon.... wonderful wonderful treats after so long of eating the same 20 things for 6 weeks. I lost 30 pounds... it was wonderfully successful and just the beginning. I am officially 80 pounds from my very heaviest (granted, that was long ago, but still)! I have about another 60-80 pounds left to lose but I am feeling so upbeat and positive. I feel hopeful that, with this significant of a weight loss and being here for the first time in so long, that I will continue this journey and lose the weight for the last time.

Not only have I busted my plateau, I have also started to do work around my relationship with food. I continue to read and educate myself on nutrition and food science/psychology which is fascinating. And I started back to my boot camp work out this week as well. It's already been such a journey and I know I have a long journey ahead, but I'm ready. And excited. I'm loving this new me and can't wait to see where the road ahead takes me.

Here are some progress photos. the first was at my 26th birthday (8/2005). I was over 300 pounds. The second is at the end of last year (12/2010) and then one from just yesterday (7/2011). I expect more to come! Thank you, friends, for your continued support!





2 comments:

  1. You are inspiring! I'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lindsay. You are a beautiful woman, but the current pic of you... GORGEOUS! You have come so far, I know you will only continue to be successful on your journey. Congrats!

    I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete