Wednesday, September 8, 2010

With singlehood comes motivation

It's so true what they say that when you are in a relationship and you're comfortable, you tend to put on a few pounds. While I've vacillated up and down 20 pounds all year (my weight is VERY volatile), I put on 10 pounds over the summer after a 20 pound loss just because my sort of boyfriend wanted to eat hot dogs and hamburgers all the time. So we did. But he has a different metabolism than I and I pack on the pounds just by THINKING about it while he stayed an even 175.

Well, possibly the only good thing that comes out of a break up is that I have more time to do other things, namely exercising, and less pressure to eat out or eat poorly. I can go back to my breakfasts of steel cut oats and turkey bacon. A salad every day for lunch. And chicken and rice for dinner instead of burgers, hot dogs, beer and other miscellaneous goodness that Special K liked to partake in. Of course I'm terribly terribly sad so the eating better and working out serves to make me feel better and more put together. Helps me relieve both my stress and my sadness. Give me something to focus on other than how much I want to call the now ex or how much I miss him.

PLUS, I'm going to Maui for New Year's so it sure would be nice to drop a few pounds and be feeling good while I'm prancing around an island in a swimsuit in January. :)

So I'm here to say I'm back... and pushing through harder than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment