Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Something is happening

In the last two months, I've done my best to incorporate a new and very restricted diet into my life. I've been okay without dairy for the most part, but not having fruit related products or sugars within eight hours of each other has proved complicated to always remember. And the no gluten / wheat thing straight up sucks. But... something is working. I've lost 10 lbs and a few inches although I will admit to a plateau as of now.

But what was amazing, was when I went to see my ND for updated blood work, the extreme differences in how my blood cells looked 2 months ago and how it looks now. I still have a ways to go to be my healthiest self and my liver is still being tricky along with my gall bladder, but things ARE improving, which is WONDERFUL!

My challenge right now is exercise. I'm in week three of no boot camp which has me feeling lazy and depressed. I have a bum shoulder and it's just not feeling better. I have been so busy at work that I haven't had time to work out during the day so I haven't done anything. I HAVE to figure something out. Either go back to boot camp next week and keep things modified or hit the gym. Or both so I'm getting the intensity I've been used to.

Now that my body is processing better, I want to see the results I deserve. It always feels like there is an obstacle. But I will persevere. I have worked way too darn hard not to.

On an interesting note, I was off plan while my boyfriend and I were in Bend this weekend and I noticed that I was sick sick sick from milk, cottage cheese and red wine! I could drink white wine okay and cheese didn't bother me much, but I thought that was interesting. And since we didn't really do many veggies this weekend, I was sooooo tired after every meal. Beer, wine, gluten, cheese.... I was very sleepy. Part of the benefit of being OFF plan every now and then is that I don't like the way it makes me feel so I can't wait to get a huge salad in front of me with veggies and beets and chicken breast and oil and vinegar and a touch of pepper. Yummm!

I continue to monitor the changes my body is going through, inside and out, and I just have to get the momentum to jump back into bootcamp and try to take it easy on my injured shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment