It's that time again for rehashing 2010's resolution list and going over 2011's resolutions. The funny thing is... this year's resolutions are pretty much identical to last year's because I liked them all much!
So... for 2010, my resolutions and their outcomes are as follows:
1. Lost 35 pounds. I actually had a contest with a friend of mine regarding this and that was kaput pretty early on, but I still worked out it. I did not make my final goal, but I did lose about 17-19 pounds this year. Which is better than nothing so I'm pleased.
2. Go to the gym 3 days a week, weight training 2 days a week and yoga or meditation 1 day a week. Well, I was sporadic with this. I was hot and heavy in the new year, then took a break, then went back and worked with a trainer and did classes at the gym. And then I found Emily Johnson's Fit Body Bootcamp and now I work out 3-4 days a week with her AND do other things like Hula hooping, belly dancing and roller skating.
3. Learn to knit socks and gloves. I learned to knit socks, but only made one b/c it turned out so large I turned it into a stocking instead. oops.
4. CODA meetings at least twice a month and do the steps again. I didn't even come close to doing this.
5. Go on at least FIVE hikes. My hikes included Oaks Bottom on 2/6, Mt. Tabor Hill walk on 2/18, Powell Butte on 2/28, Oak Island on 3/6, Bagby Hot Springs 5/16, Nob Hill city walk on 8/10. That's six! YAY!
6. Plan 1 3+ night vacation. I spent 3 nights in Beaver, OR for Jenna's birthday over the 4th of July. I also spent the last 2 nights of 2010 and the first 5 nights of 2011 in MAUI! So I'm counting that!
My resolutions are mostly the same for 2011:
1. Lost 35 pounds. This WILL be the year. I can already feel it!
2. CONSISTENTLY do 4+ days of activity a week barring injury or illness
3. One day of yoga per week (already have a yoga membership through November!)
4. Make 1 pair of actual socks and 1 pair of gloves
5. Plan another 3+ night vacation.
6. Go on another FIVE+ hikes this year.
I feel well prepared for 1-3 and the rest will have to just be on my radar for opportunities and timing. Now that I’m back home from Maui and back in the swing of things, I started a 14 day fat flush through my boot camp (http://www.portlandfitbodybootcamp.com/) so both my diet AND my fitness routine are off to a great start. I bought a year membership at a yoga and wellness studio for dirt cheap so will be taking a Hatha and Yin yoga class at least once a week. I’m excited and most importantly… I’m READY!